Gutter City Tomione Convention
You're not logged in! Please be reminded that there are certain forums that you cannot access until you have logged in.

Please take note that should you sign up, intros are mandatory. If an intro is not posted within 5 days after signing up, we reserve the right to ban you.

Gutter City Tomione Convention

Where supporters of Tomione congregate.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Gutter City Tomione Convention! Please sign up to view more forums.
Please take note: Introductions are now MANDATORY.
Remember to add a nickname if you don't want to be known as "Newbie" Wink.
Check out our "Challenges" section for different ways to earn Dark Marks!
Latest topics
» Review reply Serpent of the World
by Lady Miya Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:44 pm

» Doppelganger (FF.net) Review Replies
by Serpent In Red Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:34 pm

» Semhain Challenge - 10 Steps to Losing it All (T)
by LadyTomioneRiddle Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:44 am

» Lady Miya's review responses (short and old stories)
by Lady Miya Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:22 am

» New Dark Mark Ranks
by tellmesomethingnew Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:04 am

» General rules for the forum (READ BEFORE SIGNING UP AND POSTING)
by Serpent In Red Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:23 am

» IMPORTANT: New Rule, old and new members, please read.
by Alassea Riddle Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:07 am

Keywords
tumblr drabbles Christian santa chat fanfiction Coulson tomione shades doctor flame rants twitter time birthday word solstice post Game mulan rant Thrones confessions secret somewhere mortal
Statistics
We have 552 registered users
The newest registered user is ArianaRoseRiddle

Our users have posted a total of 29970 messages in 875 subjects
Affiliates
ButtonGenerator.com

Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Serpent In Red
The Troll Empress and Master of Sappiness

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:09 am

Chapter 58

Review reply to LadyMiya

LadyMiya wrote:
Yaaay! Finally able to read the chapter and wow, lots of things happening! Did we finally see the end of Grindelwald or will he and Dumbledore try to stop Voldemort together now? Ooh, please let us see a scene where Dumbledore takes care of old Gellert and do lots of lurve and planning. That would be cute.<br />

Why do I have the feeling I'm completely alone in thinking so? Sad Oh, well.

rofl rofl rofl I think Nerys might be the first to kill me if I wrote so much Dumbles/Grindels action instead of Tomione. *sweatdrop* Although ... that might actually be a good reason to write it ... ^^

Quote :
Oooh, and Potter, Ginny and Draco are now bounding with Voldemort to kill Dumbledore? Isn't that a lovely twist. I do wonder what Voldemort is planning to do with them. Of course he must have some sort of plan... he always does. It will be interesting to see!

Well, it IS Lord Voldemort we're talking about. I wouldn't believe what he says even if he does make an Unbreakable Vow with me. Me no Gryffie. Because it goes without saying that there must be some loophole in everything he swears to.

Quote :
And of course Voldemort is planning to bring back Hermione. Duh. I can't wait to see how it happens, though. And how will Hermione take it? Will you have some scene with her in the after-life, or will she just appear again, with no memories of being dead? I'm also wondering if you will mix any mythology into her resurrection. Voldemort talking about hell make it sound like it's towards a christian after-life-mentality, but who knows? Or maybe you'll just skip that problematic and go for Hermione-appearing-again. I just find it interesting to read what other people think about the after-life!

Well, I don't want to give too much away about if and when Tom will bring Hermione back to life, given this is written on a public forum. However, I hope you'll enjoy future chapters ... ugh, now I'm getting that nostalgic feeling whenever I write about future chapters, since the end is coming faster than I thought it will. =/

Quote :
Anyway, great chapter, looking forward to the next one! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliment, reading, and reviewing! I will try to update as soon as I can.

Review reply to Bluelagoon

Bluelagoon wrote:
Tom was...weird. Sure, he was all "Torture the old man, kill bumblebee, kill ALL the one's who cross me"...but still...he seemed like he was holding back. It was so surreal. Especially the part with Harry and the rest, but I have to say...that's exactly what I liked about that chapter. When Ginny of all people lashes out at him and he takes it. Like Hermione is standing right there, eyes narrowed going all "Don't you dare touch my friends" and I mean he knows how much she meant to them. Amazing how much Hermione changed him in a way. And that deal...couple of months ago he's crucio'd them on the spot, but now.

lol! Well, indeed, I daresay, Hermione will definitely kill him (or *coughs* kick him there again *coughs*) if he dared to harm her friends. However, I wouldn't say that he's definitely holding back. In a way, the Tom in SiT is certainly developing into one that's quite different from the one in canon. The Voldemort in canon, for some strange reason, seemed to have lost the diplomatic side that he certainly had when he was younger. Perhaps this is due to the fact that he thought he had all the power in the world already, or perhaps it had to do with some dark ritual - I wouldn't know, and of course, we never knew when he started to lose it in canon. However, for SiT, I've decided to let him retain that diplomatic side.

Quote :
I want him to get his Hermione back Sad

I can't tell you how much I miss Hermione, too. Especially when Harry and co. starts yapping nonstop. blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah = Serp going mad when said yappers aren't Hermione and Voldemort

Quote :
Thanks for updating by the way!!! Hope to read more soon =)

No problem about it. Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to SRaven_Underhill

SRaven_Underhill wrote:
I am so intrigued! I can't wait to hear more about the coin and the possibilities surrounding that. I miss the scenes with Hermione and Tom, so I'm hoping that she will come back soon! Thank you for another splendid chapter! I look forward to your next update.

Thank you! I hope you'll find future developments of this story. Indeed, I miss Tomione interaction, too, especially when the time travelers just. Don't. Know. When. To. Stop. Talking. head-wall

Thanks for reading and reviewing and I'll try to get the next chapter up as soon as I can.

Quote :
Oh, and thank you for taking the time to review my story as well Smile

No problem about it!

Review reply to brightneeBee

brightneeBee wrote:
I believe you nailed Voldemort's reaction to Hermione's death on the head, Serp! I do think he is one of those few people who can compartmentalize their emotions when dealing with a multitude of situations at once. He would definitely think of her as still alive, just sleeping, until he figured out a way to bring her back. No one escapes Lord Voldemort THAT easily, Miss Granger! *snnrks*

Thanks for the compliment! Indeed, I certainly don't think he's the type of person who would believe that anything in the world can get in his way once he has his heart set on it. Therefore, though it makes him angry, at the end of the day, he would still believe that he would have the ability to bring Hermione back to life.

Quote :
Thank you for such a wonderful update! Looking forward to the next, whenever that may be! *raises gun to Serp's muse* Yeah, Muse...I'm looking at you...get to work, missy, or I will be very upset with you.... *muahahahaa*

*sighs* Unforunately, Musey isn't very afraid of threats. I know. I've tried plenty of times. *sobs* Thankfully, the next chapter should be up soon. Hopefully, you'll find it enjoyable.

Quote :
Great chapter! I envy your ability to characterize canon perfectly!

Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to Laura

Laura wrote:
This story is reaaalllyyy good!! I got so lucky that you updated today! I spent the past 3 days reading non stop in all my free time and finished chapter 57 last night. I always skipped by this fic because I dont like the idea of harry and ginny and everyone back in the past along with hermione, but I'm glad I stuck with it this time! It really picked up for me once Dumbledore went to Germany and Harry and Ginny were at St. Mungos. I loved the end of chapter when hermione died and Riddle was like 'I hate you' and we all know he means I love you!!! XD

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the story so far. Indeed, I know that some people prefer to read just Hermione back in the past. However, when I first started writing this fic four years ago, I wanted to do something that's a bit different than the things I commonly saw on FFnet. At that time, I didn't recall seeing someone sending Harry, Ginny, and Draco, so I thought: "Why not?" Little did I know that it meant that I'll be stuck with three naggers, but ... what's done is done. *sighs* Nonetheless, glad you still decided to try reading the fic at the end.

Quote :
The only thing I dont really understand is that in the very beginning Hermione was like 'do I love him? How can I love tom riddle? etc.' but nothing has ever shown that she LOVES him. She's in lust with him, and can't help having sex with him and admiring him for his brilliancy, but she's always fighting, kicking, cursing, and hating him....there's never been any sudden epiphany moment where she realizes she loves him and doesn't want him hurt, no matter what else happens. She gets jealous of other women, but it just has never seemed like she actually loves him, as she has no qualms fucking him and then once again plotting his downfall. So I'm just wondering why it said she loved him so early on back at hogwarts, was that a mistake?

If I recall correctly, the first time Hermione admitted to herself that she might be in love with Tom is in the the early twenties, mid-twenty chapters. Before then, she had been always been in denial with herself and with her feelings, leading her to bury the emotions and then pretend that they don't exist. In regards to nothing has ever shown that she loves him ... well, in my humble opinion, Hermione's the type of person that honors her logic more than her emotions. Even if she were to love a person, she would still choose to do the right thing. In some women's cases, they would choose to believe that they can change a man or they will choose to coddle a man when they fall in love. However, Hermione, in my humble opinion, is not that kind of woman. She knows what kind of person Tom Riddle is. She remembers quite well everything that would've done had the time travelers not gone back to the past. And she's clever enough to realize that he's not going to change - or at least, crucial parts of his personality are not going to change.

However, sans the times when she's being delusional, even before she kissed in back in Chapter 21 (I believe it is) in the empty classroom, I think hate would be far too strong of a word to describe her feelings towards him. You wouldn't care about what a person you hate is doing. You wouldn't care if the person you hate is being seduced by another woman. You wouldn't care if another woman might catch his eye. And we see this happening way before they shared their first kiss.

In regards to she wouldn't want to see him hurt - as far as she was concerned, time could not be changed. Tom was not going to die until more than fifty years later, according to the timeline she knew. It wasn't until Chapter 40+ that they realized that yes, time can be changed. Even then, Hermione is, again, in my humble opinion, not the type of woman who would tolerate wrongdoings, even if she was in love.

I hope that this is a satisfying answer to your question, and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I will try to answer them to the best that I can without spoiling things about the future chapters. Smile

With that said, thanks for reading and reviewing, and I hope you'll find future developments enjoyable, too.

Review reply to Gabby0515

Gabby0515 wrote:
I agree with Ginny and Draco in this chapter. Tom was acting a bit strange. So, it seems there IS a way to bring Hermione back. Well, maybe. Great chapter and looking forward to the next!

Well, I don't want to spoil things too much in regards to future chapters, so I won't say if there's a way or not to bring Hermione back. However, yes, Tom was acting stranger than they were used to. Wink

Thanks for the compliment, reading, and reviewing! I hope you'll find the next chapter enjoyable, too!

Review reply to Alassea Riddle

Alassea Riddle wrote:
Believe it or not, I can’t believe that I’m still addicted to that delicious man.

Normally I would just stop being interested in a character after mostly three or four months, but as I sit hear and read about Riddle/Voldemort I get these feelings. Every. Single. Time. *drools*

Good. The Dark Lord approves. Very Happy

Quote :
And look at that! A nice chapter (followed by another chapter that I have yet to read, but seeing as you are fantastic, I’m almost 110% sure that that next chapter will be fantastic as well) where we see the plan unfold… almost. Stupid Dumbo.

Which is why I placed this review reply for Chapter 58. Hope you find it when you look for the review reply to your review. O.o ... I suppose I'll ... PM you? Or something. O.o ...

Quote :
Funny how Grindelwald doesn’t get Dumbo as well as Tom does. Then again… know thy enemy. Shoulda been quite obvious really.

Well, also I'm a firm believer that most people don't see things that clearly when they're inside the situation. In contrast, people who are not involved often see those things. I think this is quite the case with Grindelwald and Dumbledore. In the situation that I've set up for them, both Grindelwald and Dumbledore don't quite understand how emotionally important they are to one another, which was seen and, to some extent, exploited by Tom.

Quote :
An agreement between Potter and Riddle. My, what has the world come to? … exactly, the world is bonkers!

Well, indeed. Hermione's not there as the stabilizer, so of course the world is going bonkers. Wink

Quote :
“"My apologies, I did not mean to imply that you will do something that might dishonor her memory," Riddle said.” I WANTED TO CRY!!! IT SIMPLY BROKE MY HEART!! *sniffs*

Er ... sorry.

Quote :
“"I could bloody kiss you, Potter, for slipping in that condition about our safety," Draco said ” Please, don’t say you actually added that for the poor Drarry fans out there (I seem to stumble on lots of those) XD

*snnnnrsk* Yes, well, my OTP is still Tomione. *slinks off*

Quote :
THE COIN OF CHARON! AAHH! Goodness, I seem to shout in my head atm O.o

Glad you enjoyed that. *snorts*

Quote :
I liked your little detail about why Dumbledore might have thought or not thought that you could bring people back to life. Nice one.

Thanks!

Quote :
Great chapter. Now excuse me while I wander off to read the next one, your Serpness… Wink

lol! Well, I hope you enjoy the next chapter, too. Thanks for the compliments, reading, and reviewing!

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

1. “Oh, look! They’re so cute together!”

2. “Hm. This fanfiction/art is good! I wonder if there’s any more…”

3. *runs out of fanfiction/art to look at*

4. *writes fanfiction/draws fanart*

5. -the characters are in the same frame in the show- “LOOK! LOOK! THEY’RE SO CANON! OMG!”

6. *feels physical pain from shipping two mega dorks*

7. *the ship ruins your life*"

~mylifeisbasicallynetflixandfood from Tumblr

Last edited by Serpent In Red on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tomioneconvention.forumotion.com
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:57 am

Chapter 59

Review reply to Shoplifterette

Shoplifterette wrote:
Aweseome chapter. I'm glad to see Dumbledore and Grindelwald defeated - they had it coming. Now, I only hope that the Coin of Charon really does what it's supposed to do. Can't wait!

Thanks for the compliment! Well, it's certainly not a good idea to taunt the Dark Lord or try to take his possessions away, so indeed, Dumbledore and Grindelwald definitely signed their death warrants way ahead of time. Thanks for reading and reviewing! Hopefully, you'll enjoy future chapters of this story, too. Smile

Review reply to Weezie

Weezie wrote:
I hope that hermione comes back as herself and not someone else in a hermione suit. I love this story and can't wait for the next update.

Well, I don't want to spoil things too much, so I can only say, I hope you'll enjoy future developments of this story. Wink Glad to hear that you're enjoying the story, and thanks for reading and reviewing! I will try to get the next chapter up as soon as I can.

Review reply to Gabby0515

Gabby0515 wrote:
Yes! There is a way to bring her back! I just knew she couldn't be dead and the story continues. It IS a TR/HG story after all. I'm so glad you brought this in to the mix. Now, to see if she will be herself if able to be brought back. Looking forward to the next chapter I love this story!

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the story! Well, I don't want to spoil things too much by saying or insinuating if she comes back to life or not, but I hope that you'll find future chapters fun to read. Wink

I will try to update as soon as I can. Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to Laura

Laura wrote:
OMG awesome chapter!!! It ended on the perfect cliffhanger!!! I really like that Ginny killed Dumbledore, that was a good twist, and although she was channeling her mom, it seemed kinda funny her calling Dumbledore a 'bitch'. Maybe it should have been, "NOT MY MAN, YOU FUCKER!" or something lol. But it felt good to have her call out Dumbledore on all the shit he put them through, I never realized that in the books Dumbledore was really manipulative and stuff until I started reading Voldemort/Hermione fics!! I love this story, I can't wait for the next chapter!

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, it might've seemed a bit weird to have Ginny call him a "bitch," but I figured it's one of those subconscious memory leaking through plus completely and utterly enraged moments. So ... she just blurted out what came to mind first, and I reckon her mother's outraged scream towards Bellatrix would've been a significant memory in her mind.

Yeah, I think some people somehow forgets how manipulative Dumbledore actually is throughout canon. Perhaps it was because we saw things through Harry's POV, and Dumbledore's manipulations were more on the subtle side.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the story. I will try to update as soon as I can. Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to Sara S

Sara S wrote:
Loved the new chapter, it was fantastic, although I'm not one for Dumbledore bashing (I ignore Deathly Hallows so he's not such a manipulative bastard in my little world) I have to say I'm glad that he's dead.

Yeah, I'm not much of a Dumbledore/Order basher either, which is why I tried to make it as clear as possible that Dumbledore did have a valid reason in believing that Hermione was not on their side. Not to mention, this Dumbledore had gone through different things from the one they'd known from the original timeline.

Quote :
Can't wait to see what you have planned for Hermione return (fingers crosses.)

Mm ... my lips are sealed. No spoilers coming from me! Very Happy

Quote :
May I ask how many more chapters you have planned?

Well, there aren't many chapters left. I'm guessing only around 2 to 3 left now.

Quote :
Oh, and I hope to see more Outtakes from the 'Wacky future.'

Ah, yeah, those will be continually updated whenever I get inspiration for it, but the downside is that I'm not sure when I'll get said inspiration. =/ Hopefully, you'll like the new chapters when they are posted. Smile

Quote :
Update soon, please.

Sorry for the lack of updates. The muse has been avoiding me for the past couple of months, and I hated everything I wrote for a specific scene. Thankfully, she seems to be back now, so I hope a new chapter can be posted soon. Smile

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to LadyMiya

LadyMiya wrote:
Aaaah! So sorry it took me so long to read, but now I'm here Very Happy

Not a problem at all. I'm sorry for the late reply, too. You know ... real life being hectic and me struggling with the new chapter Sad

Quote :
I really enjoyed this chapter! Ginny was so badass, and I really liked the way you used the fighting in seventh and sixth book in this scene. Time repeats itself before it happens and all that Wink But Ginny was just the best! GIRL POWER! I laughed out loud when I realised it was Ginny who called that (For a moment I thought it was Grindelwald, but then I read it properly, and just laughed).

rofl That would've been kind of funny if Grindelwald were the one to say that. lol!

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter! Yeah, I figured Ginny would be the best choice to kill Dumbledore, despite the emotional trauma that she goes into afterwards, but Dumbledore did, after all, do things that were harmful to her friends and family, so ... I would guess that there are some pent-up anger in there, and she is quite a good witch, so ... Ginny it was.

Quote :
And now they are dead! Mihihihihi. I wonder how much the future will change because of this. Miya is guessing a lot.

Haha, indeed. And you know how much Serp likes changing the future, despite the headaches she gets from having to remember all the timelines. O.o ...

Quote :
FINALLY! Now we are getting closer to brining Hermione back. Good. Miya want some more Tom/Hermione interaction!

lol! Spoilers. Wink

Quote :
Oh, and nice that you had them changing their name to the Death Eaters now. Your explanation as to why they chose that name made sense in a way. It is a bit of a silly name, it sounds so evil, even when you don't know anything about the group and it just doesn't make sense for anyone to pick such a name when they think they are the ones doing the right thing. It sounds more like some sort of heavy metal band... But then, Harry Potter is children's books first and so you don't have that problem there, but it can turn a bit problematical when you look at it logically. So kudos on you for giving it an explanation!

Yeah, Jo never officially gave the reasoning for Tom changing the name, but since it's open to interpretation, I figure this was a good place to slip it in. But yeah ... I mean, who would choose Death Eater as a group name in real life? O.o ... Serp hides from the Dark Lord.

Quote :
I wonder what will happen to time now when Tom's main enemies are gone. Will Harry and Tom begin fighting again? Or will they just let time run its course once Hermione is back? Really looking forward to find out. But it does feel like the end is coming close and closer!

Well, there are still a few chapters left, and I think the end will be here. I hope you'll like them. Smile

Quote :
Thanks for writing, and best of luck with the next chapter!

Thanks for the wonderful review, and thanks for the well wishes. I really need it, especially with the muse being difficult for the last couple of months. Smile

Thanks for reading!

Review reply to PieLover100

PieLover100 wrote:
This story is so amazing... I was addicted the second I started reading it. I'm going to flip out when a new chapter is added. I hope it's soon Smile This is the best Tomione by far. This story just has to much detail and adventure. It sucks you in. I'm also going to add that you do Tom (as well as all the other characters) perfectly. I hate when authors make them flying unicorns that fart glitter or cannibals that shoot puppies. Happy writing Smile (Can't wait for more)

Aww, thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the story so far. I'm so, so sorry for the lack of updates. The muse had been naughty and disappeared for a while, so ... I locked her up now. I think. O.o ... Hopefully, a new chapter will be ready for posting soon. ^^

I totally rofl -ed at the flying unicorns that fart glitter and cannibals that shoot puppies. Thanks for that. Very Happy But yeah, I was just chatting to Nerys the other day about some of the more common portrayals of Tom that doesn't make sense to me, such as Tom being all boo-hoo-ish or Tom going "RAWR! I'm going to torture all of you! because it just ... doesn't click in my mind. Nobody will be willing to follow someone who keeps torturing you for no reason at all. But anyhow ...

Review reply to DB1

DB1 wrote:
@59 this story is amazing!!! I was a bit confused there in the middle with the wacky time line and all but it's all starting to make sense now!!! Please update this story soon!!!

DB

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, the multiple timelines can be a bit misleading at times, which is why I have docs all over the place with reminders so I don't get mixed up about them, too. ^^

Sorry for the lack of updates! The muse ran off from me for a couple of months, and I had no inspiration to write at all. Thankfully, she's back now, so I hope a new chapter will be ready for posting soon. Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to Sincerely

Sincerely wrote:
Wow. Your story is amazing. I can't wait to read more!! I really hope they can bring Hermione back!! If they can't. I might just shed a tear...

Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the story so far. In regards to if Hermione will come back to life, I don't want to spoil things too much so I'll just say, I hope you'll enjoy future chapters. Smile Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Alassea Riddle wrote:
Alrighty!
Late review. That seems to be quite a trend with me lately, huh? No matter. Better late than never, right?

No problem at all. I haven't been up to it with review replying either. hiding behind the so

Quote :
Oh boy, do I love this chapter. It is so well done, and come on, many other people wouldn’t be able to pull this off. Hermione’s death had an impact on everyone, but did Tom turn into a fluffy mushroom? NO! Because you are awesome! Since I was the one giving you THAT particular comment, you can tell everybody that the Dark Lord’s most loyal gave comment to you and that means it’s legit. Well done. Smile

Thanks for the compliment! But fluffy mushroom ... *shivers* Nice job, Allie, but you're not getting that image stuck in my head. Very Happy

Quote :
Seeing the comment about the Marauder’s Map not being made yet, I came to think that I wouldn’t be surprised if Dumbledore discovered some passageways AFTER the Marauder’s Map was made. Maybe he even sneaked a peek? Who would put it past him?

Indeed, I wouldn't put that past him. Not to mention the fact that he's also a Legilimens, so who's to say that he hadn't gleaned some information off the minds of the Marauders?

Quote :
“"Well, can't we just suggest for Riddle to go in first? He has Horcruxes, doesn't he? So he can't die if he were to fall into some trap," Draco said.”
DON’T let the Dark Lord hear you, Draco! For a Slytherin you sure are asking for it, if he… oh… I forgot about the vow… dammit.
Now I can’t threaten him with the DL’s killing curse if he does or says something stupid. Thanks so much, Harry!

Haha, well, you know the Malfoys. They always manage to live till the very end, surprisingly. I mean, look at "Bittersweet." Lucius managed to live to the very end without dying, too. lol!

Quote :
The thing is… I never understood why there would be a Vanishing Cabinet in Hogwarts in the first place?
Doesn’t it kill the purpose of keeping students inside the school instead of wandering around some crazy place (seeing as I’m sure not many knew there was a Vanishing Cabinet at Borgin & Burkes (Which I called Burges in my head… I’m hungry…) Not that I ever saw the logic with some of the things hidden in Hogwarts.

Well, me neither, to be honest. But then again, they have Quidditch as their main gym class (which, if you're lucky, can either land you in St. Mungo's for a year), they hold Triwizard Tournaments (which can Portkey you to graveyards to witness the Dark Lord's return), they have professors who forces you to write lines (that might leave permanent scars on you), and so on and so forth. So ... I'm thinking that the Vanishing Cabinet might be one of the safer things that are stored at Hogwarts.

Quote :
LOL “feasible”. Very… encouraging…

Indeed. lol!

Quote :
Malfoy Manor used as a meeting room for Death Eaters… or Knights… Or Death Eaters, since the Dark Lord just changed the name… anyway… Meeting at Malfoy Manor, surprise, surprise XD

Teehee. Couldn't resist using that little piece of ... information ... or setting ... or whatever you want to call it ... from canon. Smile

Quote :
clever Draco, very clever. Cause we reeeaaally didn’t know that already. *looks adoringly at the Dark Lord*

Allie knows it the best. ^^

Quote :
Ugh, I’ve never liked Antonin. Just thinking of the 5th book. *sends a disgusted looks towards Dolohov*

Oh, indeed. Somehow, I've always imagined him to be creepier than the other Death Eaters. I have no idea why though.

Quote :
Somehow I’ve always imagined him to be somewhat… different from the others but NOT in a pleasant way at all (not that I have ever imagined any of the followers pleasant, but most are certainly dumb and I don’t see Antonin as a dumb person.
*shudders* You manage to get me to feel the same feeling just by writing him like that. Well done, once again.

No, Dolohov is certainly not dumb in my dictionary. Though we haven't seen a lot of him in the books (or what I remember of the books), I get the impression that he's one of the silent, smart ones of the group, which makes him quite dangerous. And creepy. Always creepy.

Quote :
Oh, Harry, the length you would go to avenge Hermione’s death… I was wide-eyed during this whole chapter and especially the part about killing Dumbledore. Bloody shit!

Thanks! Yeah ... well, she was one of his best friends. And the things they've gone through ... *sighs* Which was why writing Harry's reaction to Hermione's death was pretty hard for me, too, because it's just ... so heart-wrenching to put him through that.

Quote :
Harry and Ginny consider Draco a friend… Do I have the permission to sing “Draco and Harry” by the Whomping Willows?
“It’s Draco and Harry sitting in a tree
S-N-O-G-G-I-N-G
Draco and Harry sitting in a tree
F-A-L-L-I-N-G in love
In love”
There. I did it. Well, the chorus, but what the heck. I couldn’t help myself. How come there is a Drarry song anyways? Where is our Tomione song? WE DEMAND A TOMIO- Ehh, sorry, right thing to say, but in the wrong place.

:lmao: You are so going to get it from Ginny if she hears you singing that song. Harry is hers, after all. Very Happy

Quote :
I keep getting side-tracked, sorry XD

Not a problem at all. I go off in tangents all the time. Very Happy

Quote :
but Harry KNEW there was that. Apparently he forgot it seeing as Hermione was the one who opened the door before.

Well, he didn't memorize what Hermione did to the door to open it. lol! It's sort of like those situations where he takes for granted that Hermione's there to save the day and then she's not there anymore. =/

Quote :
Dumbledore is in the Astronomy Tower… how ironic, really.

Very Happy

Quote :
Oh, that duel! So fantastic! Really, I’ve probably read that part 3 or 4 times and I am so in love with it!

Aww, thanks for the compliment, dear, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quote :
And Ginny killing Dumby! “NOT MY MAN, YOU BITCH!” HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I bloody love you *Donna-voice*

lol! Glad you enjoyed it. Very Happy I couldn't resist adding that part in.

Quote :
Oooh, cliffy! *hops around*

Great, great, great! Very Happy

Review reply to EffySloane122

EffySloane122 wrote:
OMG! I need to know what happens! You can't just leave it gaming like that for so long, haha Smile but seriously, this story is epically amazing! Keep writing! Smile

Thanks for the compliments! Sorry for the long wait. The muse ran off from me for a while and wouldn't come back, so ... I basically hated everything I wrote until recently. So ... hopefully I can get a new chapter up soon. Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to Rnmom

Rnmom wrote:
Amazing

Thanks for the compliment, reading, and reviewing!

Review reply to Wow

Wow wrote:
I'm sooo glad
I found this story I followed it from ff and this is way better!!!!
Thank you soo much for writing and sharing. This is the best Tom hermione FIC ever!!!
They Are both so true to form but there is something else there too that you have really captured well

I Lov this story!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying this story so far and that you find Tom and Hermione in character. I hope that you'll find future chapters to your liking as well. Smile Thanks for reading and reviewing!

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

5. -the characters are in the same frame in the show- “LOOK! LOOK! THEY’RE SO CANON! OMG!”

Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:17 am

Chapter 60

Review reply to LadyMiya

LadyMiya wrote:
*throws tomatos at Serp and Nerys for helping her*

AND YOU DARED TO SAY IT CONTAINED SMUT! AS THE DICTATOR OF SMUT, I'M VERY UPSET! I take my smut very seriously. This will have consequences... oh yes. When you least expect it.

But it did contain lemons, your Dictatorship. There's one huge lemon at the end of the chapter. *slinks off before Miya kills her*

Alassea Riddle wrote:
Don't say you don't have April!!! :O NOOOOOOOOO! I'm too in love with this story Sad((((((

*refuses to acknowledge the last scene*

Aww, sorry, but yeah, I doubt the story is going to last until April, unfortunately, unless real life becomes really, really hectic and I get absolutely no chance to update at all. =/ ...

Nonetheless, thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to Santinistar

Santinistar wrote:
I've been sucked into this amazing world with Tom Riddle and Hermione..! YOU CANNOT end the story like this - there must be another way.. Why did Harry even think of wishing something so radical.. Oh Tom and Hermione are so meant to be. Thank you very much for this splendid story! I was absolutely enchanted, the whole way. Perfect balance of everything, fluid language, no grammar mistakes, characters are true to the book, Tom IS PERFECT OF COURSE, not overdoing the sex scenes, just the proper amount of anger and violence and all that Very Happy haha.. I really loved how you slowly built up their twisted relationship, it made it even more realistic. I really hope you will add another ending to the story.. It ended too abruptly! We need to gather the threads of the story.. Make Tom and Hermione work, yes please Smile Smile She was already turning more and more like him! Gosh, I can't believe I've come to the end. I sit here, writing on my laptop in my bed in Norway, in the middle of the night, grieving the end of this fanfic. Thank you for screwing up my sense of time - I've been going to bed at 3 am and waking up too late, ditching classes and social events just to get home to my story.. Haha! Well done Wink Don't worry, I'll be back on track soon. I take school very seriously.. Wouldn't want Tom to be disappointed?? Oh, I wish.. I wish, in a very sick and beautiful way, that he was real Smile I hope you never stop writing TomxHermione stories.. I will always cherish that pairing! And like I mentioned earlier, your pen skills are impeccable Smile Much love and support from Norway!

Aww, no worries about it. This newest chapter (Chapter 60) is actually a troll chapter that I couldn't resist writing, just to troll this story one last time before the end. And yeah, it would have been too abrupt of an ending if it were real. And no worries, I still remember that there are plenty of loose ends that still need tying up. Wink Well, at least I hope I remember all of them. Very Happy

Thanks for the compliments, reading, and reviewing! I hope you'll enjoy the real chapter that should be posted soon. Smile

Review reply to ZombieReine

ZombieReine wrote:
I'm just going to post the conversation I was having on Skype as I read this as your review. <br />
<br />
[2:54:17 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: oh my god<br />
[2:54:24 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: I was having a really shitty day today but then<br />
[2:54:25 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: I noticed<br />
[2:54:29 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: just noticed<br />
[2:54:32 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: this fanfic I love<br />
[2:54:37 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: got updated for the first time in like<br />
[2:54:39 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: forever<br />
[2:54:41 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: o/<br />
[2:54:49 AM] Melissa: Lolol<br />
[2:55:09 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: and suddenly everything is beautiful<br />
[2:56:58 AM] Melissa: Hue<br />
[2:57:37 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: I TAKE THAT BACK<br />
[2:57:43 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: THIS CHAPTER IS HORRIBLE<br />
[2:57:45 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: ;~;<br />
[2:58:01 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: "I wish ů"<br />
<br />
He closed his eyes, sucking in a deep breath. He didn't know if he was right or wrong in making this decision, but ů it no longer mattered.<br />
<br />
"I wish that what happened in Borgin and Burkes never happened, that we never got sent back into the past."<br />
<br />
A blinding light erupted in front of him, and before he could do anything, he was knocked out cold.<br />
[2:58:11 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: Harry Potter, the biggest cock block in the history of all cockblocks<br />
[3:00:30 AM] Reine/Cuddles/Mousie: Oh thank God it was a fake chapter<br />
[3:00:37 AM] Melissa: Lololol

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Aww, sorry, dear. Didn't mean to freak you out like that. Well ... maybe I did, but not on a shitty day. lol! Nonetheless, the new chapter should be up soon, so ... hopefully, that'll cheer you up. Very Happy

Quote :
Harry Potter, the biggest cock block in the history of all cockblocks

This made me rofl , so thanks for that. Very Happy

Review reply to Monica

Monica wrote:
When i finaly thought that you have updated the story, you put this on the internet!!

You are so mean, Serpent!

Aww, sorry about that. I just couldn't resist trolling this story one last time before the end. ^^ Thanks for reading and reviewing!

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 am

Chapter 61

Review reply to Dru

Dru wrote:
Best birthday present ever
Oh, happy birthday! I hope you've enjoyed the chapter.

Review reply to Abi

Abi wrote:
This is such an amazing story, and once I started reading it, it was almost impossible for me to stop. When I started reading it I thought it was going to be "Hermione goes back in time, meets Riddle they fall in love one of them has a drastic change in personality and they all live together with no problems". I adore that Riddle is dangerous and Hermione has kept her basic structure and moral standing. I enjoy the timeline shifts as well and the way you had their memories intermingle. Hermione's constant denial about Tom can be a bit annoying but it is understandable given the story line, plus if she was just constantly accepting of the situation it would be just as annoying. Anyways, I love the story and character development so far and look forward to more in the future.
Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, I realized that the denial can get a bit annoying at times, but ... it's Hermione and she did fall in love with the ultimate enemy, so I couldn't find another way around it.

lol! If she constantly accepted the situation, I might've beaten her over the head with a stick before Dumbledore could've gotten to her. Very Happy

Glad you're enjoying the story so far, and I hope that you'll find future developments to your liking as well. :)Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to SRaven_Underhill

SRaven_Underhill wrote:
Oh my god. The troll chapter totally got me. I was horrified. Needless to say, I'm relieved that wasn't real! Your new chapter is great. I do so love feisty Hermione. I look forward to reading more soon!
*giggles* Sorry about that. I couldn't help but troll the story one last time before we reach the end of the story. Very Happy

Glad you've enjoyed the chapter. Yeah, feisty Hermione will always be awesome. Very Happy

Thanks for reading and reviewing! I will try to update as soon as I can.

Review reply to Gabby0515Another great 2 chapters.
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment!

Quote :
The one before this had me wondering lol.
*snnnrks* Wondering if I've somehow crashed into the wall and lost my memory? lol! 

Quote :
Excited to see where you take this!
I'll try to update as soon as I can. :)Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Review reply to Santinistar

Santinistar wrote:
Lovely writer of this fanfiction.. I AM DYING HERE. Not really, but I really enjoy your story and I keep checking for updates, but it's been ages! I understand if you're busy with work or school or something, but please please do not neglect this story! At least give me a sign that you're still alive and planning to write more :)I love your Tom.. He is purrfect Wink
Love and hugs from a Norwegian fan girl Very Happy
Aw, sorry for the lack of updates. Real life has been rather hectic, which was why I haven't really have time to sit down and put thoughts to words. However, I am trying to write as much as I can. Eh ... 180 words a day isn't as bad as the long drought that I've suffered for the past couple of months. Very Happy

Thanks for the compliments, reading, and reviewing! *hugs back*

Review reply to mekom

mekom wrote:
I love this story. I went back and reread it from the beginning, because I was a few chapters behind due to life getting in the way. You are one of my favorite writers. You do an excellent job with character development. I love your possessive Tom. I was cheering on Ginny in the scene where she was ranting at Dumbledore for all the horrible things that he did in their original time.

I am really curious to find out what is going to happen now that Hermione is back, and Tom has taken over. I hope that you get a chance to update soon. It would be a nice present before I begin vet school, and won't be able to surface until December. *looks hopeful*
Wow, thanks for the compliments! And sorry for the lack of updates. hiding behind the so Real life has been rather hectic, and I've been trying to look for time, but whenever I have time, the muse is nowhere to be found. *sighs* Either that, or some other errands call me away from the computer. *sighs some more*

Anyhow, I'm hoping that I can get a new chapter up soon. Although I'm only averaging about 180 words per day, it's a lot of improvement from the long time period of zero words that I've experienced for the past couple of months. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the new chapter when you get the chance to read fanfics again. Smile

Review reply to Kim

Kim wrote:
This is seriously the best story ever. I've read many, many stories and this is the most memorable. I've read it three times in the course of five months just because I love this story so much, even though it takes me ages to finish since there's so many chapters. But this is seriously my favorite story of all time and I do hope that you continue. You have a gift with words!!
Wow! Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the story so far. The last few chapters are basically finished. I'm just waiting until my beta finishes Nanowrimo and when she has time to go over the story. Hopefully, you'll find them enjoyable too.

Review reply to Aviendha

Aviendha wrote:
I had the feeling that the increasing intricacy of the plot (the insanely multiple time travels) will make the writer abadon the fic. :(Which is such a shame...

Serpent, do you plan on ever returning to this fic? Perhaps you could simplify the plot and be done in a few more chapters? More isn't always more, sometimes it's less.
I'm extremely, extremely sorry for the long wait. There had been many reasons for the delay (hectic real life, muse being a nasty little #@*!, etc.) but it's not really because I was going to add more things to the plot. Generally speaking, I can't really say there can be more to be added to the plot, unless I really wanted the fic to go on forever. Though it's hard for me to write short, short stories, I can't say soap operas are my forte. Very Happy

Quote :
I wouldn't even be asking except you are such a talented writer and your stories have a way of coming alive within the reader. After all this time, I'm still very much involved with your characters. Oh well, I guess an unfinished story is the one you remember most, so that's not bad. But towards the end the plot line has become so complex that it doesn't even work as an open ending which the reader can imagine themself and which can sometimes be a good alternative to the more conventional ending.
Nah, it's not going to an unfinished story. Unless something horrible happens to me, I'm going to finish all my stories. Even if I have to resort to giving them crap endings, it's better than not giving them an ending at all, no? ^^

The next chapter had been sent to my beta already, and once she's gone over it (after she finishes Nanowrimo), the chapter should be posted. :)Hope you find it enjoyable.

Anyhow, sorry again for the long wait, and thanks for reading and reviewing![/quote]

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Last edited by Serpent In Red on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:18 pm

Chapter 62

Review reply to Anon

Anon wrote:
I'm so happy this story was updated!!!!!! I'm seriously happy, I love reading this story so much. Ive read so many tom/hermione fics and I think this is one of the best (if not THE best) ones out there. As always, the chapter was begautifully written and that opening dream scene had me cracking up, especially the wedding invitations part. I can't wait until the next update, keep doing your thing! ^^

Aww, thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the newest chapter. Yeah, couldn't resist scaring Hermione a bit with that dream. Well, with the insane things that our minds come up with when we're scared, I can't exactly blame Hermione for having that dream. XD

I hope you'll find the next and final chapter enjoyable too!

Thanks for reading and review!

Review reply to Aviendha

Aviendha wrote:
Yaaaay!! Another chapter! You made me so incredibly happy, thank you!!!

No problem about it! I hope you've enjoyed the chapter. Smile

Quote :
You are right, usually even a crappy ending is better than no ending.

Yeah. In my opinion, at least there IS an ending, rather than the could've been, would've been, should've beens that are in my mind. Very Happy

Quote :
Looking forward to the rest of the fic ... and any others you might choose to write/finish.

Hopefully, you'll find them to your liking! Thanks for reading and reviewing!

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Last edited by Serpent In Red on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:28 am

Break line: Reviews made after the end of the story will be answered as new posts here rather than by chapter.

Review reply format:

Review date:
Reviewer's name:

[quote of the review]

[Actual review reply]

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:23 am

Review date: January 2, 2014
Reviewer's name: k

k wrote:
Ok 2 things.

1...I've been following this story for a while. .love it. Absolutely. Fantastic story.
2...I don't know what I missed...but who sent them back in the original timeline? Did I miss a hint?

Thanks for the compliment! The person who'd sent them back in the original timeline is revealed in the epilogue. It is actually Voldemort from the original timeline, who'd managed to escape from death somehow without other people actually knowing. Smile

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:26 am

Review date: January 6, 2014
Reviewer's name: Lauren

Lauren wrote:
I need more!!! This was so we done. Please one and this is what happens later!!!!

Thanks! Now that I am finished with Somewhere In Time, I should be moving on to other projects such as "Prisms of Darkness". Hopefully, you'll find them enjoyable reads, too. Thanks for the compliment, reading, and reviewing!

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:28 am

Review date: August 5, 2014
Reviewer's name: Lauren

Kim wrote:
This is one of the best stories I've ever read. Hermione was amazing and Tom remained true to him. Truly wonderful!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the story and that you liked the way Hermione and Tom were written. Very Happy Thanks for reading and reviewing!

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 am

Review date: September 19, 2014
Reviewer's name: Pops

Pops wrote:
I believe this is the fourth time this year that I've found myself reading your story. I believe that really does say something about your writing prowess! This is my absolute favorite story and I hope I can read more stories from you--I am in love with your writing

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the story. Well, I definitely plan to write more Tomione stories in the future. Hopefully, you'll find them enjoyable, too. Smile

Thanks for the compliments, reading, and reviewing!

~mccoysbone from Tumblr

"The stages of shipping:

Back to top Go down

Somewhere in Time (AFF.net version) Review replies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Gutter City Tomione Convention ::  ::  :: -