Gutter City Tomione Convention
You're not logged in! Please be reminded that there are certain forums that you cannot access until you have logged in.

Please take note that should you sign up, intros are mandatory. If an intro is not posted within 5 days after signing up, we reserve the right to ban you.
You're not logged in! Please be reminded that there are certain forums that you cannot access until you have logged in.

Please take note that should you sign up, intros are mandatory. If an intro is not posted within 5 days after signing up, we reserve the right to ban you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Tomione fans congregate.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» New and old friends.
Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeby Nerys Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:02 pm

» New Dark Mark Ranks
Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeby Nerys Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:16 am

» Regarding the forum.
Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeby Andante Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:26 pm

» Update on the recent drama
Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeby Nerys Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:09 am

» Virus alert
Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeby me-ladie Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:43 am

» Review reply Serpent of the World
Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeby Lady Miya Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:33 pm

» Shared Flame review response (FF.net)
Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeby Lady Miya Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:57 am

Top posters
Nerys (4408)
Regarding the forum. Poll_leftRegarding the forum. Poll_centerRegarding the forum. Poll_right 
Alassea Riddle (2692)
Regarding the forum. Poll_leftRegarding the forum. Poll_centerRegarding the forum. Poll_right 
Quoteaholic (2471)
Lady Miya (2469)
TwistedTale (2084)
Winterblume (1654)
ozzymandius (1636)
Serpent In Red (1566)
brightneeBee (1097)
Shan84 (878)
Keywords
Somewhere time birthday fiennes Tomione

Regarding the forum.

Go down 
+9
ajenni
Alassea Riddle
Ariel_Riddle
Colubrina
Pumpkin
tellmesomethingnew
Lady Miya
Thamaleia
ozzymandius
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Serpent In Red
The Troll Empress and Master of Sappiness
Serpent In Red

Regarding the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:44 pm

EDITED: We're no longer closing the forum. So while this had been a false alarm, the sentiments during writing this post had been accurate, so I'll just leave this here. As a bonus, here's the post that made the continuation of this forum possible:

HERE

If she deletes it, please be so kind as to let us know. We have the screenshots.

-----

As some of you may or may know, drama has been accompanying this forum for a while. Some of it, I'd explained on Tumblr, so if anyone is interested, feel free to venture there to hear my version of the story and how one drama went down.

Anyhow, I'm not here to talk about the drama, though the issue on hand is directly influenced by it. It was basically the last straw that broke the camel's back, per se.

To be honest, each and every one of our admins and mods had been combating against a variety of illnesses, whether it be mentally, psychologically, or physically. At the beginning, we'd created this place so that it could be a safe haven. It was a virtual place where we can go to, to hide from the pains (both physical and psychological) in real life.

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as paradise on Earth, is there, even in the virtual world?

As an example to the amount of emotional and mental abuse we're getting outside of the forum, I direct you to here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This isn't us trying to ask for pity or something. This isn't us saying that we're guilty (because believe it or not, we are not wrong in any way or matter when it comes down to this particular drama). This is us giving up on believing that fandom is such a fun place for people who'd been there for a long time because you start noticing how low people are willing to stoop just to make others look bad.

We're tired, and so we've decided to close down this forum. I can't exactly say it was fun while it last, given the circumstances, but I am thankful for the chance to meet some of the nicer people of the bunch. Thank you for deciding to join us, and we are sorry that the site cannot be sustained for a longer period of time.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://tomioneconvention.forumotion.com
Nerys
Loki'd
Loki'd
Nerys

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Well, to be fair, as I said elsewhere, too, seeing that post just made me realise we're going about this the wrong way. The forum should stay. We shouldn't cater to innuendos, slander and just plain weirdness. We should cater to the fun members. Those who come here to enjoy their time. Just my two cents, after I've had some time to let it all sink in.
Back to top Go down
http://true-tomiones.livejournal.com/
Serpent In Red
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:46 pm

I think all of you here deserve to know a bit more about the emotional abuse that I had been subjected towards during the past couple of hours, since in directly pertains to the forum and how individual had plotted all along on how to shut this forum down:

Here

Funnily enough, they accused us of being the cyber bullies.
Back to top Go down
Nerys
Loki'd
Loki'd
Nerys

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:23 am

I'm just sitting her like so O.O watching angry Serp.

Serp, in all those years I've known you, I've never seen you this pissed. In other conflicts, you've been more withdrawn, ignoring the hate. Now Serp goes all out. My god. Scary Serp. Remind me to stay on your good side. lol!
Back to top Go down
ozzymandius
Miya's cookie
Miya's cookie
ozzymandius

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:34 am

#getrekt
Back to top Go down
http://ozzymandius.tumblr.com/
Thamaleia
Winter Fashion Expert
Thamaleia

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:46 am

It's really sad that there has been drama, sadness and people being hurt. That is never okay. But I'm also glad that you've decided to not close the forum! I am not very vocal here, but I check out the site every day and I read many of the posts. Just.. thank you for existing!
Back to top Go down
Thamaleia
Winter Fashion Expert
Thamaleia

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 am

I also guess that this fear of me realizing you might be gone might make me a bit more vocal again! I'd love to contribute with what I've got Smile I'm also really talking to the forum as if it was a person.
Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:01 am

rofl Well, couple of reasons:

1) First and foremost, this is a direct attack towards the people I care about. Though I don't interact on the forum much anymore, I do care about the members.

2) I. Hate. Being. Lied. To.

This is one thing that I absolutely cannot stand.

3) Being manipulated. To a lesser degree but nonetheless.

She tried to manipulate me into deleting the forum. Granted, I wanted to close the forum before but that was my own free will. I hated how she had been nice to me so that she could manipulate me.

4) Her bullcrap way of trying to skirt around the actual problems and throwing words around the disguise just how vague her arguments really are.

Especially in that anger-filled rant she'd given just given.

Like, ermagawd, Serp left out things like when she said "yes, I'm Chinese" and when I said "Oh, I'm from the Philippines". For the people who's following this particular drama, do you think they really care about this shit?

Anyhow, I'm going off on a rant again. Here's the latest news, guys:

On How bloomsburry-dhazellouise manipulated me

Her mini-rant (like WTF?)

My answer to her mini-rant

5) This whole thing is shady as f***. There's clearly some kind of agenda because the moment she knows I'm not deleting the forum she f***ing backtracks, trying to make like she f***ing protected me in her little "warpath" to defame us all.

"And I posted that post saying that Serp wasn’t active in that site often when I began receiving anon reviews on my stories after a small disagreement with someone, and how I felt that the some people was purposely marginalizing me without reason ..."

Yeah, she did exclude me from a post before. BEFORE SHE EDITED IT TO INCRIMINATE ALL OF US here at GC.

And blocking me after telling me "Aww, all the drama's over now" in chat" once she thinks I'm going to delete the forum. Like yeah right. If it was all over, she wouldn't had kept badgering me for evidence. Like it's her business what happens between us and other people. She was in no way involved so why are we obligated to tell her anyway?

So yeah. It was obvious that she got unsettled that I was willing to post full chatlogs, call her out on her shit, and decided against closing down the forum.

Notice how she's rather adamant on:

1) Insisting that the anons are from the Tomione Convention

2) Getting the Convention shut down

As a sidenote, though, I'm completely rofl here with the part where "Serp followed me first". Like okay. It's reminding me an awful lot of envy now with the whole "Serp is a passive aggressive stalker who's trying to get closer to me by reblogging and answering my things on a site that lets you reblog things."

Like seriously? What are we in? Kindergarten? This is ridiculous.

Last edited by Serpent In Red on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:26 am

Thamaleia wrote:
I also guess that this fear of me realizing you might be gone might make me a bit more vocal again! I'd love to contribute with what I've got Smile I'm also really talking to the forum as if it was a person.

Aww, hug

Well, that's certainly one of the good things that came out of this drama.

Also, I do think that Rima was onto something: Other than the couple of bad eggs we have attempting to roll in here, we are kind of like one big family, aren't we?
Back to top Go down
Alassea Riddle
Allons-y
Allons-y
Alassea Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:48 am

Of course we are Smile I may not have been very active due to real life and studies, but I try to check in as much as I can, and I'd hate to lose contact with any of you lot, you are like a second family.
group hug
Back to top Go down
Nerys
Loki'd
Loki'd
Nerys

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 8:15 am

Hi Thamie,

Good to see you again. It's nice to hear that people do enjoy the forum. So thanks for that. As for the drama, yeah, unfortunately, that seems inevitable when in a fandom. At times, shit occurs. I just need to take a step back from the drama and see it for what it really is before making decisions, I suppose.

It would be nice if people were more active on the forum, so I appreciate that you're willing to try to do so.

Right now, it often falls to Miya or I to respond to someone posting here, and when we're not well enough to be able to do so, apparently it can lead to someone feeling neglected and thinking we hate them. When instead I'm battling depression and have a hard time doing anything (even the things I used to like doing such as tomione fandom stuff). If those who like to keep the forum would be willing to interact and post more, it would take a load of my shoulders.
Back to top Go down
ajenni

ajenni

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:23 pm

I haven't been on in a good while but I've missed y'all I can't believe there was a scare! This is my favorite site to come to when I need a good tomione to read plus the convos are nice
Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi, AJ! Glad to see you back Smile. Missed you as well. Real life does come first after all, so no worries. Of course it'll be awesome to see you, but if you really don't have time, just remember to come back once in a while to say hi to us losers Wink.
Back to top Go down
ajenni

ajenni

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Y'all ain't losers because if y'all are then I am! I'd love to do a meetup one day though it'd be nice to meet some of you so-called losers
Back to top Go down
Colubrina

Colubrina

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:55 pm

*waves*

I'm so lousy at forums but sticking my head in to cheer for continued life despite some grammatically challenged and peculiar rantings against the place.
Back to top Go down
ajenni

ajenni

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Could you imagine all of us sitting in a coffee shop decked out in our best Slytherin outfits?
Back to top Go down
Colubrina

Colubrina

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:59 pm

People would be afraid.
Back to top Go down
Serpent In Red
Serpent In Red

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks, guys group hug .

We'll need to bring our wands as well. When someone looks at us the wrong way, we shall threateningly look back while raising our wands to our left arm ...

Morsmordre Death Eater Dark Mar
Back to top Go down
Nerys
Loki'd
Loki'd
Nerys

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:49 pm

People should be afraid.

We're the scary, OMG-that's-disgusting-how-can-you-pair-Hermione-with-Him!, Tomione Shippers. lol!
Back to top Go down
Alassea Riddle
Allons-y
Allons-y
Alassea Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:58 pm

It is disgusting actually. What the hell are you even doing with your lives? You should be ashamed!
Back to top Go down
Lady Miya
Dictator of Smut
Dictator of Smut
Lady Miya

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Well, if Ravenclaw's are welcome to your meet-up, I'll be there! But if I suddenly go quiet, I promise it isn't because I'm ignoring you, it's probably just because my arse started tickling and I'm unsure if I should discretely scratch there or go to the washing room to do it. Just letting you know beforehand so no one gets angry!
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/TeaLadyMiya
Ariel_Riddle
Photoshop Enthusiast
Photoshop Enthusiast
Ariel_Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 3:33 pm

I've got my Slytherin robes!
I'm ready
Back to top Go down
tellmesomethingnew
Labyrinth Fanatic
Labyrinth Fanatic
tellmesomethingnew

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 pm

I feel so terrible for being away for so long but now I'm trying to drink this all in. My mind's still trying to process everything I've just read here on this thread and just...wow...
Back to top Go down
Nerys
Loki'd
Loki'd
Nerys

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 6:45 am

Don't worry about being away, Alice. Even though Tomione is my OTP, I sometimes don't feel like it either, so I understand perfectly doing other things for a while. It's no problem.

And yeah... wow. I still don't understand what the hell happened. Much ado about nothing comes to mind. ^^
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin

Pumpkin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 9:44 am

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Let's get ready Quoteaholic!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the forum.   Regarding the forum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding the forum.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next